Tuesday, March 29, 2011

serious issues.

I have serious issues. There, I said it. Now let me be more specific before you tune out in a effort to avoid the ramblings of a prematurely senile mind.

My main issue is with the way I live.

Within me there are two predominant forces regarding my lifestyle.  The first is strongly eco-friendly and would happily live in a cottage on a hill, without electricity or a car, if it meant saving the world.  Needless to say, this is my not-so-inner hippy speaking.  The second force is a love for my current way of life.  I love living in the city, I love my car, I love shopping, I love pretty much everything about 21st Century life.

So basically I am in conflict.  And as I see it, humanity is on the precipice when it comes to sorting our shit out.  Are we capable of either evolving or changing in time to stop sending ourselves off to hell in a hand-basket?  And in amongst the rest of humanity there is little old me, who lacks sufficient motivation to make the changes needed to really do my part.  Can we continue to put the job up to government and then whine like buggery when the make any chances that inconvenience us?

Oh, gosh, let me think about that one for a minute.

I guess what I really think is that we need to get our shit together quick smart.  Regardless of whether or not you believe in Global Warming, the fact remains that humanity is unsustainable.  That's the bottom line right there. Stop being distracted by science and politics and try common sense for a minute you douchebag.

I'm not immune from criticism, I'm just as bad as everyone else.  But I do want change, whether it is evolution or devolution, because I've had about as much as I can take.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why I have serious issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment